News & Events
Significant modifications to your yacht
Any significant modification of your yacht will call for a re-assessment of the CE.
Under significant is to be considered anything which changes the characteristics, behavior or operation of the yacht such as:
- adding stabilisers
- adding a movable swim platform
- extending the hull
- installing wireless operation
- adding (temporary) tanks
- adding a deck or fixed sun protection
- storing heavy objects on the flybridge, when these aren’t in the original design
- making hull penetrations
- re-positioning your steering stand
All above examples call for a recalculation of the stability together with a CE re-assessment.
Without it the flagstate and/or insurers can consider the yacht to be no longer compliant.
We often see the letters CE on products we purchase – from children’s toys to electronics, as well as pleasure crafts. While CE marking might seem like a fairly simple concept, it’s actually very complicated, since it doesn’t apply to every product on the...